It’s not often that I foray into the world of desserts and baked goods.. Hell, it’s the first time I’ve done anything other than cheesecake.. but here we are.
Confluent Boyfriend made a request for spicy salmon bowls again, so I couldn’t very well blog those again. Instead, I thought.. why not dessert?
3 lemons, zested
3 lemons, juiced
1 and 1/2 cups sugar
1 stick butter, room temp
1 pinch of salt
1) Combine butter, zest, and sugar in a bowl. Mix until butter is creamed
2) Add juice, salt, and the eggs (one at a time), mixing thoroughly.
3) Heat over medium heat in a sauce pan, stirring constantly to avoid curdling the eggs
4) Once curd thickens, which will take about 10 minutes, then chill.
1 and 1/2 cups AP flour
4 tbsp sugar
1 stick butter, melted
1 pinch salt
1) Combine all ingredients into a bowl until combined
2) Press into a tart pan until the bottom and edges are evenly coated
3) Refrigerate for a half hour
4) Dock the bottom of the tart (stab it with a fork a few times)
5) Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes or until golden brown
6) Once cooled, add the curd.. and voila!