What says late Sunday morning better than a rich, delicious breakfast? Man-sized omelettes!
Man Omelette Recipe
3 eggs (preferrably fresh and organic)
2 tsp heavy cream
1 oz quality grated cheddar
2 scallions, chopped
5-6 baby bella mushrooms, sliced
6 cherry tomatoes, quartered
2 tbsp olive oil
Salt and Pepper to taste
1) Gather mise en place.
2) Crack eggs into a bowl, add cream. Set aside.
3) Add 1 tbsp oil to a hot frying pan.
4) Saute veg until soft, then remove from the pan
5) Add remaining oil
6) Whisk egg mixture thoroughly and add to pan.
7) Move egg mixture around the pan to ensure a pretty, even coat.
8) Once you see the edges of the omelette start to solidify, dump the veg and cheese into the center.
9) As soon as mixture looks fully formed and no longer liquidy, flip one half of the omelette on itself. (Easy right? Hah. I typically use two spatulas)
10) Immediately evacuate omelette from the pan. (I employ multiple spatulas for this too.)
See.. That’s not so hard, right?
Epic breakfast, just add juice and rye toast with strawberry jelly. ❤