What says late Sunday morning better than a rich, delicious breakfast? Man-sized omelettes!
Man Omelette Recipe
3 eggs (preferrably fresh and organic)
2 tsp heavy cream
1 oz quality grated cheddar
2 scallions, chopped
5-6 baby bella mushrooms, sliced
6 cherry tomatoes, quartered
2 tbsp olive oil
Salt and Pepper to taste
1) Gather mise en place.
2) Crack eggs into a bowl, add cream. Set aside.
3) Add 1 tbsp oil to a hot frying pan.
4) Saute veg until soft, then remove from the pan
5) Add remaining oil
6) Whisk egg mixture thoroughly and add to pan.
7) Move egg mixture around the pan to ensure a pretty, even coat.
8) Once you see the edges of the omelette start to solidify, dump the veg and cheese into the center.
9) As soon as mixture looks fully formed and no longer liquidy, flip one half of the omelette on itself. (Easy right? Hah. I typically use two spatulas)
10) Immediately evacuate omelette from the pan. (I employ multiple spatulas for this too.)
See.. That’s not so hard, right?
Epic breakfast, just add juice and rye toast with strawberry jelly. ❤
yum!! looks delicious!
Why thank you! The flipping is always the scary part, because it was pretty up until that point but doesn’t always stay that way.
Nice:). I can visualize the use of multiple spatulas here 😉
It was ridiculous but effective. 🙂
Do you really need the heavy cream? Not that I am afraid of fat or anything (heavy cream is not so bad in fat anyway) but I never have it on hand.
You can totally use milk but I fond cream makers the eggs taste more rich.
Reblogged this on and commented:
I loves my eggs! I can eat em anytime of the day! I have had 8 egg whites right before bed even. This sounds like a good omelet and I will make it this weekend….mushrooms!!
Thanks for the reblog. I can confirm. Its good stuff! 😀