After a long day of running errands and being generally awesome, I decided that a light dinner was in order… mostly because I was tired and didn’t feel like doing anything ultra fancy.
Confluent Boyfriend and I took a trip to the grocery store where I proceeded to buy what can only be described as a butt ton of vegetables… I was going to do a ratatouille, but when I finally ambled into the kitchen, I gravitated toward the goat cheese.. which is very UN-ratatouille like.
1 cup cous cous
1 and 1/4 cup water
1/4 cup + 1 tbsp olive oil
1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
1 medium cucumber, diced
2 cloves garlic, minced
10-12 mushrooms, diced
10-12 cherry tomatoes, halved
1 tbsp fresh oregano, chopped
2 oz goat cheese, crumbled
- Pour water and 1 tbsp olive oil into a medium sauce pan and bring to a boil
- Once at a boil, add cous cous, remove from heat, and cover
- Add remaining olive oil, garlic, oregano and vinegar to a bowl. Whisk thoroughly.
- Once cous cous has soaked for approximately 10 minutes, fluff
- Add vegetables, dressing and cheese
That looks so yummy!!! I may have to try it.
Roy really liked it too. It was so quick and easy. A perfect meal for a somewhat lazy day. 🙂 If you try it, let me know what you think!